As b:electronic our mission is to provide the best distribution services for independent labels and artists with passion, innovation, care, and transparency. b:electronic is a global distribution partner specialising in electronic music for independent labels and artists powered by Believe.
As the Business Development & Label Manager E. Europe for b:electronic you will define and implement the sourcing and acquisitions strategy for labels & artists for our dedicated electronic division. Utilising your network, market analysis, business, label, and artist relations, you will be able to source and identify labels & artists who would benefit from joining our electronic division. Carrying out first discussions with labels and artists and their management, you will be able to identify their needs and share the perfect offer with local heads of distribution and the local senior label manager. You will participate in the contract negotiation with the local team.
In addition, you will be responsible for the day to day management of those signed artists and labels, delivering high-level strategic support and advice, working within the international b:electronic team and organisation, reporting directly to the MD for E. Europe and dotted line reports to Global Director and Global Business Development Manager.
1. Identify key labels & artists in E. Europe as potential signings:
· Contribute to company growth by sourcing label & artist leads for the b:electronic roster in E. Europe.
· Audit and identify emerging artists market trends.
· Monitor Believe analytics and public tool analytics for talent detection.
· Carrying out first discussions with the artists and their management to pitch our services and follow up through to deal negotiations.
· Identify the artists’ needs and build the perfect services offer in coordination with your Head of Sales
2. Qualify label & artist potential, tailor offer to services expectations:
· Assess label & artists potential, estimate deal value, and collect information to manage the sales pipeline.
· Build knowledge of company’s different types of deals to cater to label & artist needs.
· Manage and update company’s CRM system daily.
· Present opportunities to your local & central b:electronic team and coordinate with Head of Sales to validate deal offers.
· Carry out meetings with prospective clients to pitch our services and follow up through negotiations until signing, working with the local team.
3. Identify Market Trends and market dynamics and report to management:
· Audit and identify emerging label & artists market trends.
· Inform internal team about market evolution.
· Build strong relationships with labels, artists, management, and the local industry (music lawyers etc.).
4. Label & Artist account management; Qualify Artists services expectations, career projects and release plans:
· Manage the portfolio of your signed artists and labels with a focus on global campaign strategies.
· Support artists and labels in custom-made release strategies, coordinate the project with Editorial Promotion departments.
· Carry the strategy for artist new releases and back catalogue across all platforms increasing visibility, fan engagement, content streaming and sales