As Head of Marketing, you must build a smart, forward thinking marketing team in Greater China.
As a Head of Marketing, you should be able to craft very complex, long-running, innovative, multi territory creative campaigns. The ideal candidate to have a ROI-driven approach who understands the artist development, can build a long-term strategy in close partnership with the Sales team. This position would be responsible for building Top charting artists in the country.
Candidate must have a strong A&R driven approach to advice and support the sales and senior leadership team on artist development and signing strategy.
You will be reporting to the Managing Director of Greater China
1 – People
You will be tasked to build, manage and develop the best-trained team of Marketing (Editorial & Marketing Partnership, Digital marketing, social media, media-buy, etc.) managers in the local music industry.
- Deploy local organizations according to global and local guidelines to best serve clients.
- Hire, manage, and develop senior managers in your organization:
- Set and manage OKRs for all marketing managers and staff
- Deploy employee development/training & develop the Believe culture in your team.
- Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-business opportunities and other internal teams
- Capacity to adapt an evolving organizations and understanding of the challenges related to fast-growing teams & business
2 – Strategy
You will be tasked to build the marketing strategy in partnership with your Local Artist Services leadership team and Central Marketing.
- Work and support local leadership leaders to build marketing budgets.
- Explore new and innovative creative marketing plans and strategies that serve to showcase the service expertise.
- Work with Local & Central Senior management to develop marketing strategies to showcase Artist Service expertise and brand awareness.
- Build a marketing strategy for in-house labels/catalogs to drive the market share/consumption on digital services.
- Develop strong partnerships with DSPs’ in the country to increase marketing opportunities, thus increasing market share.
- Research and evaluate customer needs, industry landscape, and market/cultural trends.
- Understand and effectively communicate the company’s value proposition, tech, process, and current partnerships
- Research and develop new growth areas outside those already being run by the company and present opportunities to senior management.
3 – Execution:
You will be responsible to adapt and execute Believe’s global and Greater China strategy in your market for artists across genres and languages. As such, you will have primary responsibility for artist creative and marketing satisfaction and help drive effective sales and long-term engagement with artist /artist agencies.
- Lead and oversee the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies, ad campaigns, and promotional planning for assigned projects and artists.
- Lead in near and long-term creative planning to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects while acting as a central point of contact and lead for all assigned projects.
- Work with all departments in meeting deadlines and keeping a creative thread running throughout the projects.
- Develop and execute creative imaging for marketing campaigns in conjunction with A&R Leads.
- Select and approve the creative direction of marketing tools while also overseeing the timely production of commercial and promotional products.
- Lead collaborative efforts and help conceptualize creative concepts with digital marketing specialists on all digital marketing initiatives including the development of digital marketing concepts, campaigns, etc. on Digital services, Social Media (ATL and BTL Activities).
- Create/negotiate and manage marketing budgets for each assigned project/artist deal.
- Work with artist management and A&R on assessing artist development needs.
- Help with the planning and execution of artist showcases/album tours/events as part of creative /marketing campaigns.
- Develop and execute a full-funnel marketing strategy that builds brand equity, brings in new customers, and deepens loyalty with existing ones.
- Develop and execute release campaigns, deployed across all key markets and relevant channels, ensuring KPI’s are set, achieved, and reported on.
4 – Measurement
You will be responsible to deploy local performance measurements in accordance with global guidelines for marketing.
- Set and drive OKRs for the marketing team in coordination with Local and Central leadership.
- Develop, measure KPIs, and report KPIs to drive the business.
- Have strong Performance Marketing experience, with granular and strategic experience managing Marketing.
- Will own the marketing budget and marketing KPIs.
What will success look like:
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.