The Copyright Team sits within Sentric’s Rights division. Its objectives are:
- To ensure accurate and timely registration of client’s copyrights around the world.
- To maximise revenue streams from all potential sources.
- To identify areas of potential income growth for client’s catalogues.
- To partner with internal teams to ensure client expectations are exceeded, ensuring significant retention and renewal levels are maintained.
- To ensure clients are at the centre of all activity, ensuring Sentric´s ethos of fairness, transparency and customer focus is evident at all times.
The Copyright Administrator will be responsible for supporting the Rights team in the administration of clients’ copyrights. They will interact with clients, collection societies and other interested parties to facilitate effective global administration of copyrights.
Your missions are :
- Review and verification of new song data in copyright system.
- Review and verification of writer and song amendments in copyright system.
- Assist with answering basic client copyright queries from other publishers and Performing Rights Organisations.
- Assist with resolving copyright conflicts/counterclaims.
- Assist with bulk ingestion of data into copyright system.
- Assist with data enrichment in system.
- Assist with account audits.
- Assist Copyright Team with manual claiming for works utilising online platforms.
- Assist wider team with Copyright queries.
Rights Management & Client Management Support
- Assist with special projects initiated by the wider Rights team division, Client Managers and Director of Rights, ensuring a qualitative and timely resolution of assigned project tasks.
- Assist Rights team with ad hoc duties to cover holiday periods etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy and detail-driven
- Demonstrable, prioritisation, organisation and deadline management skills required
- High level of numeracy
- Basic excel skills are preferred
- Understanding of the music publishing industry is preferable
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm for working with artists and business partners at all levels
- Collaborative approach to outcomes
- Ability to maintain a professional manner when handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Persistent drive to complete tasks in accurate and timely manner.
- Previous admin experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of music publishing industry either through education or previous work experience is preferable
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies