The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain a comprehensive knowledge of TuneCore’s offering.
- Monitor competitors on a regular basis and report on new features and services.
- Assist in ad-hoc competitive analysis.
- Monitor current trends on Instagram and further social networks.
· Collaborate with Country Manager, Sr. Director of Brand Marketing & team, Social Media Manager and Head of TuneCore to develop and execute strategies and optimize local campaign initiatives.
· Research relevant artists for the TuneCore family.
· Follow, like & comment on target group relevant content on all platforms, to increase awareness of TuneCore countries socials
· Build and support the launch of the TuneCore Africa Instagram channel.
· Community management and content creation for social media
- Launch and manage Africa Instagram account within Q4 2021 and/or Q1 2022.
- Assist with project plans and deliverables for social media contests.
- Assist with reaching out to artists and answering messages
- Data management for an overview of best performing artists.
- Support Head of TuneCore efforts as needed.
- Support ad-hoc tasks as they relate to events and sponsorships.
- Help with any other administrative tasks as needed.
- Strong understanding of the independent artists music community landscape
- Enthusiasm in and a clear knowledge of the music scene in Africa especially in key markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized individual.
- Strong understanding of content narrative and storytelling across social.
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in using social media software and tools.
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Reddit and Twitter.
- Experience planning, building and analyzing digital marketing campaigns.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with design tools including Photoshop, Final Cut, InDesign a plus.
- Background in the music industry
- Previous digital marketing /social media experience.
- Interest and enthusiasm in African music scene.
· University degree