Utilising your network, market analysis, business, label, and artist relations, you will be able to source and identify labels & artists. You would have the opportunity to develop your career by working cross-functionally with our international team across the globe, have access to the best-in-class innovative music technology products in the music industry.
As the Business Development person for Believe in Japan, you will define and implement the sourcing and acquisitions strategy for labels & artists. Carrying out first discussions with labels and artists and their management, you will identify their needs and share the perfect offer with our Local Head of Label & Artist Solutions. You will take and lead the contract negotiation.
If you are someone who like to be part of a new business launch in a fast-growing international company, don’t hesitate to apply and meet us!
1. Develop your Music Industry Network and Identify key labels & artists:
- Contribute to company growth by sourcing label & artist leads in the Japan market from all types and levels by utilizing your network.
- Support the improvement of Japan’s business strategy and execution with Head of Label and Artist Solutions (LAS).
- Develop localized key sales tools to enable Sales team to approach prospect businesses.
2. Qualify label & artist potential, tailor offer to prospects and close deals:
- Assess label & artists potential, estimate deal value, and collect information to manage the sales pipeline in compliance with defined business rules.
- Build knowledge of company’s different types of deals to cater to label & artist needs
- Manage and update company’s CRM system daily.
- Present opportunities to your local teams and coordinate with Head of LAS to validate deal offers.
- Carry out meetings with prospective clients to pitch our services and follow up through negotiations until signing, working with the local team.
- Analyze and report progress, and seek constant improvements with the team.
3. Identify Market Trends and market dynamics and report to management:
- Audit and identify emerging label & artists market trends by attending meetings, gigs, showcases, conferences, and other events to represent Believe and your key clients.
- Build strong relationships with labels, artists, management, and the local industry (music lawyers etc.).
- Inform internal team about market evolution.
4. Alignment of clients and internal stakeholders:
- Ensure streamlined communication with all stakeholders
- Ensure the best transition with the team that will handle customer’s day-to-day relationship and support (especially account management team)
To be successful in this role, we consider the following as critical skills:
- Results driven; Target oriented
- More than 5 years of experience in a music industry or similar role in a record label, distributor, fan & audience development, artist management, entertainment IP management
- Proven track record in sales, closing deals in a fast-growing company (technology, services, media, entertainment)
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to quickly build and develop a rapport through friendliness, positive attitude and listening skills
- Strong leadership or ability to keep team members motivated
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status, pregnancy, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.