At a point of major company transformation, TuneCore is looking for a Vice President of Finance who thrives on making an impact, thoughtful decision-making, and driving transformation while delivering results. This person will be responsible for managing all facets of finance and accounting operations while driving transformation for efficiency and scalability. This is an amazing opportunity for a finance professional with operational experience as well as a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. In addition to partnering and collaborating with senior leadership, s/he will also work collaboratively with our parent company, Believe SA.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of hiring and managing a highly functional and successful finance team. As a leader, the Vice President of Finance will not only motivate the team, but will foster a culture of collaboration as well as learning and development. This person will also work across the organization to champion budget ownership with departmental and business unit heads.
As we enter a phase of high growth and innovation, this role will be responsible for owning and executing on a finance roadmap that consists of projects both at the group level in conjunction with the Believe Central Finance Team, as well as projects specific to TuneCore. The Vice President of Finance will maintain and prioritize a roadmap of both short and long term goals, with an emphasis on technological and systemic solutions to achieve efficiency and an ability to scale while operating in a global capacity. This role will have a direct impact on the success of TuneCore.
The tasks, responsibilities, and ownership of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Financial Reporting – Preparation and analysis by business unit, geography, and consolidated reporting for both statutory and management who will rely heavily on accurate and insightful data to drive the business
· Financial Controlling – Interpret financial performance and create/enhance reporting systems to ensure consistent and accurate delivery of data and reporting to enable the company to plan, execute, and react quickly
· Cash flow analysis and management including creation and analysis of reliable cash flow projection process
· Direct and execute the company budgeting process, including working with department leads to define quarterly and annual budget development
· Finance transformation – Streamline, simplify, and optimize systems and processes to achieve efficiency and the ability to scale
· KPI tracking. This includes developing and executing action plans to assure objectives are met.
· Lead and expand the finance function, with a focus on short term and long term business strategy and planning
· Build and develop a high functioning successful finance team that’s able to scale with an emphasis on constant learning and development
· Overseeing and managing tax compliance
· Partner with executive leadership team to establish and track revenue goals
· Partner with the Believe central finance team on Believe group wide initiatives
· 10+ years of experience in finance and accounting roles
· 5+ years management and leadership experience
· Proven track record of leading transformation
· Experienced leader, inspiring team to high performance with a proven ability to attract top talent and develop/mentor top performers to growth roles
· Ability to interpret and communicate financial reports and metrics to the wider business
· Ability to implement technology and systems, processes, and tools to enable efficiency and scalability
· Growth minded with track record of setting ambitious personal, team, and business goals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· BS/BA degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
· Advanced degree preferred
TuneCore is a team of creators, for creators. Our mission is to support our artists and labels at every stage of their careers. Our driving forces are respect, expertise, fairness, transparency and our values include collaboration and innovation. As global citizens, we believe that if we build more diverse, equitable and inclusive teams across our company, we will collectively create and offer more innovative solutions and better serve our artists, labels, partners, and employees.
We strive to build a company that reflects the communities we serve and embraces the diversity of the world we live in, where each person’s unique perspective is valued, and where everyone has the same opportunities and is supported in their personal and professional growth. From our hiring practices to the culture we create and nurture, we are committed to listening, learning and evolving.
We join with our parent company, Believe in supporting the company’s Ambassadors program, made up of TuneCore team members stepping outside their roles to bring the company together on issues they care about, both local and global. These TuneCore ambassadors work towards the goals of communicating best practices, proposing and leading concrete initiatives and actions.
Key initiatives and programs include:
- Believe for People, focused on diversity and equality for all people and working towards a more inclusive workplace
- Believe for Parity, whose goals are true equality between women and men in the workplace and to fight against discrimination
- Believe for Planet, which operates as an internal think tank on environmental issues. Their mission is to limit the carbon footprint and any environmentally negative impact of the company and its employees
With equality in mind, TuneCore and Believe partnered with leading entertainment and media analysis research firm MIDiA Research for a groundbreaking study on the underrepresentation of female creators in the music industry. The study, BE THE CHANGE: Women Making Music 2021, sheds light on the challenges and experiences of women and uncovers why there is a wide disparity between male and female creators. 2021 was the inaugural year for the report and it will be updated annually. Our intent for this study is to inspire meaningful change in the industry.
Recognition and Awards:
- A2iM’s 2021 Libera Awards, recognizing the best in independent music: TuneCore earned a nomination for “Independent Champion”
- Billboard 2021 International Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO)
- Billboard 2021 Indie Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO) and Matt Barrington, TuneCore COO
Benefits & Perks: At TuneCore we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, holidays, paid bereavement, and unlimited paid sick days, “Wellness Fridays” year round (close at 1pm on Fridays), week-long company-wide week off between Christmas and New Years – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first.
- 401k match – an investment in your future.
- Company wide events, outings and volunteer days – we have team spirit and know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – employees have the option to work predominantly remotely and work from the office 7 days per month on a flexible schedule organized at the department level, in accordance with Company policies.
- Learning and development opportunities and career development trainings – We believe in promoting and growing our leadership from within the company and proactively invest in our people.
- Exclusive employee free distribution subscription – to ensure you experience the magic of releasing music worldwide (and give us valued feedback!).
Free concert tickets to TuneCore artist’s shows – Giving our teams a front row seat to the music we distribute worldwide and support our incredible artists while we’re at it.
TuneCore and Believe are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.