As A&R Manager, your focus is on intensively maintaining your existing contacts in the scene, identifying the key drivers of music trends and continuously optimizing the deal options for the Artists. You have a spirit of optimism, you will identify up and coming talent across all relevant channels. You will also conduct transparent and fair contract negotiations with artists and labels, which include increasing the value for both sides as the top priority. With your vision you will not only occupy a key position in Believe portfolio, but also play a crucial role in shaping the Thai Regional music landscape.
Utilising your network, market analysis, business and artist relations, you will be able to source and identify artists who would be suitable for Artist Services. Carrying out first discussions with the artists and their management, you will be able to identify their needs and share the perfect offer with your Local Head of Artist Services. You will be in charge in the contract negotiation and coordinate the transfer of the artists to our project management team.
1. Identify Emerging to Top Artist at the earliest stage
- Audit and Identify Emerging to Top Artists trends
- Monitor Believe and public tool analytics for talent detection
- Build partnerships with a network of talent detection third parties
2. Qualify Artists Services expectations, career projects and releases plans
- Carry out meetings with prospective clients to pitch our services and follow up through to offer negotiations
- Present deals to your local internal team and coordinate with Head of Artist Services to validate deal offers
- Able to close the key deals until final contract signing with the support from central legal team.
- Coordinate the artist handover to the marketing & project managers team
3. Identify market trends and market dynamics and report to the management
- Build strong relationships with artists, management and the local industry
- Analyse the impact of spend and structure of artist offers
- A solid and strong network in the scenes of music industry
- Able to recognize and evaluate cultural changes and their effects on the relevant markets
- Demonstrable experience in the recorded music industry and negotiation
- Experience in a curation and/or artist/management facing capacity preferred
- Ability to be both creative and data driven
- Artist focused and passionate about the Independent Music Industry with a good knowledge of the independent ecosystem and digital landscape
- Fluent in English and native Thai
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, martial or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.