Our Talent Acquisition team is growing! As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you are a key representative for our employer brand, and the face of Tunecore and Believe for our candidates. Your primary responsibility is to take charge of the end-to-end talent acquisition process, including sourcing, screening, and hiring, while ensuring a strong pipeline of qualified candidates. You will partner closely and work directly with hiring managers. You will also proactively identify, attract and network with potential candidates, building our exposure and reputation in the talent market. You will be sharing the lead on all recruitment for TuneCore and Believe US hires.
• Partner closely with VP, HR at TuneCore, and the Global Head of Recruitment at Believe, to ensure sourcing and hiring strategies are aligned with company strategies. Collaborate effectively with our current Talent Acquisition Specialist.
• Partner with hiring managers and senior team leaders to assess their recruitment needs, create strong job descriptions, set timelines, and work on hiring strategy for each open position.
• Use your established networks and internal resources such as LinkedIn to directly source and attract experienced, diverse, ambitious and qualified talent to join our team.
• Use strong, metric driven data to help create alternative models and approaches and to enhance candidate sourcing, and execution of recruiting practices and capabilities
• Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from the application stage to offer, evaluating skill level and driving the interview process.
• Manage recruitment process from beginning to end which includes but is not limited to assisting in the creation of job descriptions, managing roles within our ATS, direct sourcing of candidates, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews for all interviewers, compiling feedback, constant communication with candidates, making offers and creating offer letters.
• Ability to work within forecasted hiring budget; very limited access to external recruitment agencies.
• Continue to share best practices using SmartRecruiters – manage all recruitment processes in this system.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a true full life cycle Recruitment role (in-house experience is mandatory)
• Experience closing candidates which includes negotiation skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Customer service oriented – positive attitude a must
• Discretion handling confidential information
• Flexible and open to taking on new duties and projects. Able to help coordinate people, schedules, and projects with efficiency and grace under pressure.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization from interns to executives
• Act as a Human Resources ambassador for both internal and external client groups
• Applicant Tracking Systems- SmartRecruiters desired.
• BA/BS preferred.
TuneCore is a team of creators, for creators. Our mission is to support our artists and labels at every stage of their careers. Our driving forces are respect, expertise, fairness, transparency and our values include collaboration and innovation. As global citizens, we believe that if we build more diverse, equitable and inclusive teams across our company, we will collectively create and offer more innovative solutions and better serve our artists, labels, partners, and employees.
We strive to build a company that reflects the communities we serve and embraces the diversity of the world we live in, where each person’s unique perspective is valued, and where everyone has the same opportunities and is supported in their personal and professional growth. From our hiring practices to the culture we create and nurture, we are committed to listening, learning and evolving.
We join with our parent company, Believe in supporting the company’s Ambassadors program, made up of TuneCore team members stepping outside their roles to bring the company together on issues they care about, both local and global. These TuneCore ambassadors work towards the goals of communicating best practices, proposing and leading concrete initiatives and actions.
Key initiatives and programs include:
- Believe for People, focused on diversity and equality for all people and working towards a more inclusive workplace
- Believe for Parity, whose goals are true equality between women and men in the workplace and to fight against discrimination
- Believe for Planet, which operates as an internal think tank on environmental issues. Their mission is to limit the carbon footprint and any environmentally negative impact of the company and its employees
With equality in mind, TuneCore and Believe partnered with leading entertainment and media analysis research firm MIDiA Research for a groundbreaking study on the underrepresentation of female creators in the music industry. The study, BE THE CHANGE: Women Making Music 2021, sheds light on the challenges and experiences of women and uncovers why there is a wide disparity between male and female creators. 2021 was the inaugural year for the report and it will be updated annually. Our intent for this study is to inspire meaningful change in the industry.
Recognition and Awards:
- A2iM’s 2021 Libera Awards, recognizing the best in independent music: TuneCore earned a nomination for “Independent Champion”
- Billboard 2021 International Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO)
- Billboard 2021 Indie Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO) and Matt Barrington, TuneCore COO
Benefits & Perks: At TuneCore we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, holidays, paid bereavement, and unlimited paid sick days, “Wellness Fridays” year round (close at 1pm on Fridays), week-long company-wide week off between Christmas and New Years – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first.
- 401k match – an investment in your future.
- Company wide events, outings and volunteer days – we have team spirit and know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – employees have the option to work predominantly remotely and work from the office 7 days per month on a flexible schedule organized at the department level, in accordance with Company policies.
- Learning and development opportunities and career development trainings – We believe in promoting and growing our leadership from within the company and proactively invest in our people.
- Exclusive employee free distribution subscription – to ensure you experience the magic of releasing music worldwide (and give us valued feedback!).
Free concert tickets to TuneCore artist’s shows – Giving our teams a front row seat to the music we distribute worldwide and support our incredible artists while we’re at it.
TuneCore and Believe are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Discover our Family
Before TuneCore, artists needed to be signed to a record label to sell their music online. In 2006, we democratized the industry by partnering directly with digital stores and streaming platforms to enable any musician to sell their songs worldwide while, keeping 100% of their sales revenue. Today, TuneCore is the leading music digital distribution service for independent artists worldwide and headquarterd in Brooklyn, NY, TuneCore is owned by Paris based, global digital music company Believe. The company raised €300 million when it went public on June 10, 2021 and is now actively investing in the continued growth of the business.
We have made it our mission to best serve artists and labels at each stage of their development in the digital world. We are a company who cares deeply about our people and our creator community, advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our platforms and throughout our business. Innovation inspires and pushes us to work hard for our artists, while collaboration drives the way we work; as well as how we approach our company’s social responsibility.
Join TuneCore as we embark on the next phase of innovation in the music industry. Lead the team that will bridge creators’ unmet and evolving needs by building the tools and services that they can’t live without and make their lives better.
TuneCore is seeking a qualified candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to provide impactful solutions for all business needs. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building complex reports through the segmentation and analysis of large datasets in a complex data environment. They will additionally be fulfilling ad-hoc data requests within tight deadlines and are preferably comfortable working with financial and marketing data. They will report to the Data Team and work in a cross-functional capacity supporting all internal departments, including, but not limited to Marketing, Product, Business Development, Tech & Operations.