● Believe in quality as a first level concern
● Cultivate expertise in TuneCore’s frameworks, CMS, and other supporting technology components
● Write clean, well-tested, reusable code
● Engage in technical design and code reviews
● Design and create relational database schemas
● Proactivity and passion for solving business problems with automation
● Maintain existing application platforms, and look for opportunities to improve them
● Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
● Mentor and teach, learn and willing to be mentored
● Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration
● Bring an ethos of craft to your code
● Support training and documentation as it relates to projects and code.
● Experience joy when debating the pros and cons of Cloud Computing, Virtualization, MVC frameworks, NoSQL Databases, Agile Development, The UNIX Way, MIT Open Source License, RESTful APIs.
● BS or BA degree, or higher
● Demonstrated experience working with relational databases (write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
● Demonstrated System Design experience and ability to question the validity of current solutions
● Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient/modern HTML/DOM and CSS.
● Familiarity with agile development practices
● Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting in those environments
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail with the ability to interact with stakeholders and vendors
● Ability to perform under pressure
● Mobile web development experience
● Comfortable with Git and Github
● Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications
● Knowledge of DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc) is a plus
● NOSQL, GraphQL experience is a plus
● Background in Python is a plus.
TuneCore is a team of creators, for creators. Our mission is to support our artists and labels at every stage of their careers. Our driving forces are respect, expertise, fairness, transparency and our values include collaboration and innovation. As global citizens, we believe that if we build more diverse, equitable and inclusive teams across our company, we will collectively create and offer more innovative solutions and better serve our artists, labels, partners, and employees.
We strive to build a company that reflects the communities we serve and embraces the diversity of the world we live in, where each person’s unique perspective is valued, and where everyone has the same opportunities and is supported in their personal and professional growth. From our hiring practices to the culture we create and nurture, we are committed to listening, learning and evolving.
We join with our parent company, Believe in supporting the company’s Ambassadors program, made up of TuneCore team members stepping outside their roles to bring the company together on issues they care about, both local and global. These TuneCore ambassadors work towards the goals of communicating best practices, proposing and leading concrete initiatives and actions.
Key initiatives and programs include:
- Believe for People, focused on diversity and equality for all people and working towards a more inclusive workplace
- Believe for Parity, whose goals are true equality between women and men in the workplace and to fight against discrimination
- Believe for Planet, which operates as an internal think tank on environmental issues. Their mission is to limit the carbon footprint and any environmentally negative impact of the company and its employees
With equality in mind, TuneCore and Believe partnered with leading entertainment and media analysis research firm MIDiA Research for a groundbreaking study on the underrepresentation of female creators in the music industry. The study, BE THE CHANGE: Women Making Music 2021, sheds light on the challenges and experiences of women and uncovers why there is a wide disparity between male and female creators. 2021 was the inaugural year for the report and it will be updated annually. Our intent for this study is to inspire meaningful change in the industry.
Recognition and Awards:
- A2iM’s 2021 Libera Awards, recognizing the best in independent music: TuneCore earned a nomination for “Independent Champion”
- Billboard 2021 International Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO)
- Billboard 2021 Indie Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO) and Matt Barrington, TuneCore COO
Benefits & Perks: At TuneCore we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, holidays, paid bereavement, and unlimited paid sick days, “Wellness Fridays” year round (close at 1pm on Fridays), week-long company-wide week off between Christmas and New Years – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first.
- 401k match – an investment in your future.
- Company wide events, outings and volunteer days – we have team spirit and know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – employees have the option to work predominantly remotely and work from the office 7 days per month on a flexible schedule organized at the department level, in accordance with Company policies.
- Learning and development opportunities and career development trainings – We believe in promoting and growing our leadership from within the company and proactively invest in our people.
- Exclusive employee free distribution subscription – to ensure you experience the magic of releasing music worldwide (and give us valued feedback!).
Free concert tickets to TuneCore artist’s shows – Giving our teams a front row seat to the music we distribute worldwide and support our incredible artists while we’re at it.
TuneCore and Believe are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Discover our Family
Before TuneCore, artists needed to be signed to a record label to sell their music online. In 2006, we democratized the industry by partnering directly with digital stores and streaming platforms to enable any musician to sell their songs worldwide while, keeping 100% of their sales revenue. Today, TuneCore is the leading music digital distribution service for independent artists worldwide and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, TuneCore is owned by Paris based, global digital music company Believe. The company raised €300 million when it went public on June 10, 2021 and is now actively investing in the continued growth of the business.
We have made it our mission to best serve artists and labels at each stage of their development in the digital world. We are a company who cares deeply about our people and our creator community, advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our platforms and throughout our business. Innovation inspires and pushes us to work hard for our artists, while collaboration drives the way we work; as well as how we approach our company’s social responsibility.
Join TuneCore as we embark on the next phase of innovation in the music industry. Lead the team that will bridge creators’ unmet and evolving needs by building the tools and services that they can’t live without and make their lives better.
TuneCore Engineering develops web applications supporting our talented customers and internal operations. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a small engineering team building experiences that benefit our core business and end-users in the music space. You will interact with internal stakeholders, product managers as part of requirement gathering and issue diagnosis.
We’re looking for an engineer to help drive the evolution of our web platform under the leadership of a technical lead. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in object oriented and functional software architecture, be an excellent communicator, and will work very well in a collaborative agile environment.