- TuneCore’s Artist and Partner Relations team works with our VIP artist community, DSP partners and internal teams to provide a best-in-class digital distribution experience. TuneCore is looking for a Sr. Manager, Artist and Partner Relations, to join our team, help drive the company’s client experience strategy with creativity and innovation at the forefront of the role. As the Sr. Manager of Artist and Partner Relations, you’ll drive our small team of managers to provide best-in-class services. You’ll also work cross-functionally with several teams across the business to ensure TuneCore delivers the best product experience on the market by acting as the voice of our clients during product development, and throughout the year with monthly reports. You’ll also be responsible for reviewing and executing staffing plans throughout each year to support our rapidly growing (and global) client base. TuneCore’s Artist and Partner Relations team sits all over the country, with team members in Austin, Nashville and Brooklyn. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a seasoned music professional with demonstrated experience managing/leading teams, and a deep knowledge of operational best practices and performance management. You’re a strategic thinker who can solve both the immediate problem in front of you as well as the overarching issue at hand. And finally, you’re someone who knows when to simply roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Artist and Partner Relations team, lead and prioritize workload, and handle client escalations when necessary.
- Directly oversee a team of managers.
- Direct hiring and on-boarding of new team members, develop and retain diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization. Identify team member strengths, regularly share performance feedback, and assist with their professional development.
- Create a team environment that encourages accountability and high standards.
- Participate in scalable client acquisition activities within music communities working with the
- Marketing and Artist & Partner Relations teams to maximize opportunities.
- Manage innovative artist education programs, helping artists to accelerate their career growth.
- Work cross-functionally to identify and recommend product optimizations, service offerings and initiatives that drive TuneCore’s competitive advantage.
- Develop and optimize processes and procedures related to client experience for maximum efficiency, suggesting improvements as needed.
- Partner with Artist Support & amp; Content Review teams to optimize processes and resolve client issues quickly and efficiently.
- Evaluate, meet and exceed the team’s KPIs.
- Identify, alongside Believe Distribution Services, cross-stream opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Continuously evaluate resource needs and recommend solutions through regular reporting to management on challenges, questions, and opportunities facing the Artist and Partner Relations team.
- Represent TuneCore to the music community attending conferences, events, and showcases, partnering with the Marketing teams to maximize reach and engagement.
- Engage with music communities both on and off-line extolling the benefits of TuneCore.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 7+ years experience working in the music industry preferably in distribution, artist management, or independent labels.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Must be an enthusiastic self starter with the ability to develop scalable new client acquisition programs and opportunities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to lead a team as well as solve problems creatively and quickly.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines.
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, and attention to detail.
- Have strong contacts and experience in the music industry.
- BA/BS Degree
- Expert in digital distribution and the digital music space, and common issues facing music professionals.
- Knowledge and experience in social media
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a track record of successful planning and execution.
- Proactive, energetic attitude with a desire to work in as results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of music metadata preferred.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Slack
● Experience with Jira, Asana, customer relationship
● Experience with digital content management systems (especially iTunes Connect, Spotify, Catalog Manager) and data platforms such as Chartmetrics, Facebook Portal, and DSP artist portals, preferred.
Direct Reports Directly supervise 2 managers in Brooklyn and Nashville
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Relations with Others:
● Artist Support
● Content Review
● Brand Marketing