We are looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) to join our growing HR team at TuneCore! Our team is scaling quickly, and we’re eager to find a proactive, resourceful, experienced HR partner to support us as we expand. Reporting in to the VP, HR, the Sr. HRBP serves as a consultant on all HR-related matters, balancing business needs while championing our employees. The Sr. HRBP will guide managers and employees on routine HR operations; complex employee relations issues; performance management; engagement. The Sr. HRBP will work closely with management to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. The Sr. HRBP will need to take an analytical and then strategic approach to this role, as they will manage HR data and HR reporting – our HR data informs all HR initiatives. This role will also partner closely with our parent company’s HR group, the Believe Central HR team. Please submit an application and cover letter to apply –
Before TuneCore, artists needed to be signed to a record label to sell their music online. In 2006, we democratized the industry by partnering directly with digital stores and streaming platforms to enable any musician to sell their songs worldwide while, keeping 100% of their sales revenue. Today, TuneCore is the leading music digital distribution service for independent artists worldwide and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, TuneCore is owned by Paris based, global digital music company Believe. The company raised €300 million when it went public on June 10, 2021 and is now actively investing in the continued growth of the business.
We have made it our mission to best serve artists and labels at each stage of their development in the digital world. We are a company who cares deeply about our people and our creator community, advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our platforms and throughout our business. Innovation inspires and pushes us to work hard for our artists, while collaboration drives the way we work; as well as how we approach our company’s social responsibility.
Join TuneCore as we embark on the next phase of innovation in the music industry. Lead the team that will bridge creators’ unmet and evolving needs by building the tools and services that they can’t live without and make their lives better.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
HR Business Partner (50%)
– Maintain a baseline understanding of our various departments and team functions, ensuring alignment between business operations and HR processes and objectives
– Onboard new hires; provide HR guidance and partner with new joiners and managers through 30-60-90 day period
– Run bi-annual performance management campaigns, working closely with managers and employees to ensure participation
– Drive annual policy review with VP, HR; implement changes in documentation and practice
– Participate in group succession planning and partner with Learning and Development Specialist to ensure ongoing L&D
– Maintain knowledge of HR best practices and local, state and federal regulations
HR Operations (20%)
– Manage and report on HR data, including but not limited to our HRIS system, compensation information, L&D rates, DEI tracking, organizational design and changes, et al.
– Provide monthly reports on key HR KPIs
– Liaise with Central Believe HR Operations teams
– Support HR/Corporate Social Responsibility reporting
Employee Relations (30%)
– Provide guidance and counsel to managers and employees as it relates to HR programs and policies, often encompassing all areas of HR
– Point person for day-to-day HR questions; conduct check-ins as needed
– Liaise between business and external stakeholders on behalf of employees, eg. benefits, 401k, L&D partners, Believe Central, et al
– Drive engagement via surveys and workshops, to keep informed of employee experience
– Partner with managers on any disciplinary items
· 7+ years experience working as an HRBP; start-up experience a plus
· Working knowledge across multiple HR areas, including employee relations, benefits, compensation practices, performance management, and local, state & federal employment laws
· Proven experience with HR Analytics and HR Reporting
· Comfort within HRIS and other HR systems – ADP and Workday a plus
· Proven experience in developing and supporting HR programming; maintaining HR documentation; improving processes to achieve greater efficiencies
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and communicate data
· Excellent customer service skills; ability to understand employee needs, offer solutions and follow up to ensure success
· Strong project management skills
· Proactive approach and solutions focused
· Proven ability to work across teams and with individuals at all levels within the organization; experience working between cultures and on an international team preferred
· Experience managing multiple tasks and priorities autonomously; a self-starter
· Strong communication skills
· Bilingual Spanish or French a plus
· Bachelor’s degree required; higher education in a related field preferred (Human Resources, Psychology, Business, etc); PHR a plus
Where you’ll be
This role will be based out of our Brooklyn, New York HQ. TuneCore operates on an in-office and remote hybrid model giving our teams flexability and choice of how they work. When our employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work predominantly remotely and work from the office 7 days per month on a flexible schedule organized at the department level.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.