Reporting to the Director of Client Marketing, the Manager, Global Engagement Marketing will be the owner of all customer communications, strategies of key engagement channels and management of the CMS. They will optimize and transform our current initiatives around email, mobile (push, in-app and SMS), on-site and product messaging. They’ll be responsible for engagement strategies that help guide millions of musicians through their artist / customer journey, and engage them with personalized content that cements TuneCore as their go-to music distributor.
ENGAGEMENT & SEGMENTATION STRATEGY
- Develop and manage strategic customer engagement channels (email, mobile, on-site & product), plus management of global implementation for the US and other TuneCore territories with 10+ languages
- Build data-driven customer engagement strategies based on segmentation and user behavior data
- Apply an analytical approach to all campaigns and provide thorough analysis’ of results and KPIs
LIFECYCLE & USER JOURNEY MARKETING
- Lead Lifecycle Marketing campaigns such as onboarding, win-back, checkout, referral, cart abandonment, workflows, transactional & upselling
- Ideate, deploy and analyze all email and mobile marketing campaigns across the entire customer journey
- Leverage our access to personalized customer data to execute complex campaigns
- Bring new ideas and growth opportunities to increase annual subscription renewals and customer LTV
PLANNING & COORDINATION
- Create, prioritize and manage roadmaps for planning, testing and optimization of campaigns
- Lead strategy and coordination of WordPress CMS updates, including: Managing development work with external freelancer/s, maintaining on-site content calendar, landing pages, partnering with product and tech team on store launches and market expansion for the US and other TuneCore territories
- Perform analysis, interpret data, and develop reports and dashboards to monitor performance of lifecycle marketing programs, including tracking of key metrics tied to acquisition, retention, renewals, upselling, churn, loyalty and advocacy.
- Implement an iterative framework for always-on A/B testing and optimization across our engagement campaigns, including copy testing to identify the most effective messaging for different segments and stages of the user’s lifecycle and journey
CONTENT & COPYWRITING MANAGEMENT
- Oversee copywriting and communications for marketing, product and brand initiatives
- Oversee execution of creative briefs and work with designers & copywriter to ensure campaign synergy
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
- At least 5 years experience in a role focused on retention or engagement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of lifecycle marketing & customer segmentation
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS for Email Development
- Knowledge of CRM / engagement marketing platforms such as, HubSpot, SendGrid, Iterable & MixPanel (MUST know Iterable)
- Expertise in Google Analytics, email automation and mobile (SMS, Push & In-App messaging)
- Strong understanding of metrics and analytics (LTV, Churn, etc.)
- Equal parts creative, analytical and technical
- Motivated lateral thinker with a cunning ability to get creative when troubleshooting
- Constantly thinking of new ideas, but can organize and prioritize their execution
- Strong teamwork and project management skills
NICE TO HAVES
- Basic working experience & understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and WordPress
Relations with Others:
4-5 Direct Reports (overseeing a 7 person team)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.