Believe’s mission is to Best serve Artists at all stages of their careers. With Respect and Expertise. With Fairness and Transparency. In all Local markets around the world.
We believe that abiding by the following values will make us worthy of artist trust and successful in the long term: fairness and transparency, respect and expertise, engagement. We aim to be the best at serving artists & labels in the world.
Believe operates main businesses: Artist & Label Distribution, and Artist Services. As General Manager, you will be responsible to develop each of them and to ensure Believe best serves artists and labels in your region. The local team will be in direct reporting to you. As Believe executes on a centralized model adapted to each country / region, the local business heads also report into regional functions for each business line.
You will be solid reporting to the Greater China MD.
1 – People
You will be tasked to build, manage and develop the best trained team of sales & marketing managers in the local music industry.
Developing a business partner relationship with the local business heads who is responsible for all local operations (including back end, retail, sales & marketing operations, support functions and M&A) will be key to your success.
2 – Strategy
You will be tasked to build the sales & marketing strategy in partnership with Greater China team and the global head of each business line.
3 – Execution
You will be responsible to adapt and execute Believe’s global strategy in your market for each business line. As such, you will have primary responsibility for artist and label satisfaction, for the P&L of each business line and for your region global P&L.
4 – Measurement
You will be responsible to deploy local performance measurement in accordance with Greater China and global guidelines for sales and marketing
- As a General Manager you must have management skills and you are client service-focused.
- Must have developed very senior relationships in the music eco-system to drive business opportunities (artist and label signings, media opportunities…) placing the Believe values at the core of those relationships.
- Be a strong team player to become a true business partner to the Greater China MD and develop together a strategic vision of the market across all business lines and align execution to strategy.
- Excellent at hiring and at developing his/her direct reports and team: the head of artist & label distribution, the head of artist services.
- Highly engaged with a strong customer (artist & label driven) mindset.