Believe Sync is looking for a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual based in London to source, negotiate and license sync placements for Believe’s catalogue and frontline roster, whilst simultaneously building Believe Sync’s overall presence in the UK market.
As Head of Sync you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the UK. Based in London with an existing network of Advertising, Film and Television contacts, you will also build and maintain relationships with clients in video games and other developing audio visual industries. You will also travel, with the aim of expanding Believe’s presence across the territory.
A passion for and knowledge of a wide variety of music is essential, as is an existing network of clients and an ability to work autonomously.
Job Role / Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the Global Head of Sync, you will handle all day-to-day sync activity in the UK – including both creative and licensing work – and will be responsible for the departments’ success. You will continuously seek new business opportunities in the TV, film, advertising and video game industries and will work to promote the Believe UK catalogue to your international colleagues.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients in the TV, film, advertising and video game industries.
- Procuring, contributing to, and delivering creative pitches in the UK, as well collaborating with international colleagues on briefs and other creative work.
- Handling quotes, approvals, and licensing for deals in the UK.
- Developing and delivering new initiatives to explore emerging or under-served opportunities in the UK.
- Line management of junior UK sync team members.
- Designing, organizing, and delivering an appropriate sync marketing and PR strategy for Believe’s frontline roster and back catalogue.
- Working to develop brand recognition and value of the Believe Sync name amongst the UK’s creative industries.
- Managing the flow of communication regarding UK releases to the wider international sync team.
- License tracking and financial reporting for the UK sync business.
- Regularly attending gigs and other external events with clients.
- Maintaining a good relationship with Believe’s A&R, digital marketing and in-house label departments across the world.
You should have:
- Significant experience working in sync; either at a label or publishing company, or through a music supervision role elsewhere.
- An existing network of contacts and clients across the UK in a variety of creative industries.
- Excellent communication and networking skills. You must be confident meeting new people and seeking new business opportunities, as well as dealing with artists and managers on a day-to-day basis.
- An outstanding knowledge of, and passion for, independent music.
- A creative mind which is willing and able to answer music briefs openly and thoroughly.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You must be able to meet short- and long-term targets whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work.
You should be:
- A passionate self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
- A comfortable and confident negotiator, willing to engage with clients and find solutions that work for all parties.
- An active and well-known member within the UK sync community.
- An enthusiastic arts lover who lives and breathes music – you are consistently intrigued and excited by the use of music in moving media and are willing to try new things to advance this area of the industry.
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.