- You will be the second-in-command reporting to the MD and responsible for the efficiency of business.
- You will oversee local strategy set by the MD and liaise with company headquarters in Paris. You will then define the best model to roll out and execute the strategy, in structuring the local organization and defining the relevant and efficient processes between local and central teams.
- You will also design policies that promote Believe group culture and vision.
- You will be accountable for the financial and business performance of the company.
This role will be reporting into the MD, dotted line to Central.
Main Responsibility: build, roll out and execute the local strategy from an operational standpoint
1 – Direct responsibility & reporting over support functions (Finance, HR & Legal)
You will define and execute locally the central strategy and ensure that the correct resources are hired and the appropriate budget is dedicated to this execution.
You will ensure effective financial management, ensuring compliance with local rules and Group accounting and reporting principles. You will build new processes to increase the efficiency of local finance practices such as for example, accounting or expenses, ensure HR compliance with local rules (payroll, benefits) and contribute to the roll out and the execution of HR projects, tools and processes.
You will oversee the business legal topics to ensure the compliance with the local specificities.
2 – Responsibility of front-line operations (organizing the work of the front line teams)
Front line teams include 2 lines of business (Artist Services (AS) & Distribution (LAS)). You will have to implement the business strategy from an operational standpoint, define the processes which could be scalable to support the growth of the company.
You will have to develop and increase the business performance in setting some comprehensive goals and you will take some actions to increase our customer satisfaction rate as well as our margin.
3 – Responsibility of back end operations (organizing the link between local and central)
You will design some workflows to ensure consistency between the local and the central teams.
You will have to lead and improve back end operations which include the supply chain, rights and finance operations.
4 – Responsibility over M&A (deal negotiation, coordination & integration – in collaboration with MD and with strong support from the M&A central team)
You will support the MD or regional MD by selecting targets in line with Group M&A strategic /deal organization/ deal process guidelines, you will be part of the negotiation, but your main key role will be to manage the post-acquisition: you will have to integrate the new company, implement the process and workflows of Believe and roll out the new set up.
5 – Be a sparring partner with the MD or regional MD on strategy and finance:
You will support the MD or regional MD in any strategic decision and will provide any KPI or tools which measure and assess the performances.
6 – Responsibility of product locally (organizing the link between local and central)
You will manage the delivery of the product locally to ensure that it complies with the central strategy.
You have minumum 10 years of experience and you are a senior executive with a broad international experience in Finance and Operations in a service, IT, digital or ecommerce company. You have previously operated in a Business Unit in a process driven environment. Strong leadership experience in a scale up company is a plus.
Experience in music industry is not required.
Your core skills are:
- Finance, Leadership and talented problem solver
- Business model builder: capacity to set up action plans, control, ensure and measure their execution
- Strong appetite for execution, KPIs, tools & processes, continuous improvements
- Focus on results and over achievement
- Knows how to design, explain, roll out and engage people in the strategy
- Take decisions and manage change
- Customer centric
- Strong communication, agile skills
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.