As a Head of new business, part of our distribution team, your mission is to define and implement our sales strategy for independent artists and label in the country with passion, innovation, care, and transparency.
You will work with a team of label sales manager and talent scouts in charge of selling distribution & marketing partnerships to a network of indie artists. You will support and guide the team to ensure we source, attract and sign new partners (artists and labels) in a constantly mutating environment.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following
- Leading and developing a team of label sales managers and talent scouts
- With exemplarity and by sharing Believe’s driving forces in your daily relations and activities
- Set guidelines, strategy, and objectives to improve and assess the team’s performance
- Support your team by identifying improvement needs and providing appropriate training, mentoring, and coaching
- Sales and sourcing strategy
- Define and implement your sales strategy and roadmap
- Lead with your team the sales process and completion of deals aligned with the company procedures (salesforce, contract signatures)
- Identify new business opportunities to initiate and close complex deals covering aspects such as legal, financial, marketing and communication components
- Build and maintain an excellent network in the music industry based on reputation and quality of service
- Leading the sales activity
- Identify appropriate KPIs to measure the sales performance and ensure regular reporting and completeness of the data in all internal tools
- Communicate priority targets and leads to the team and define actions plan, build a pipe of new artists and labels
- Ensure the deals are aligned with defined business rules and internal process to guarantee successful relationship
- Identify and share best practices with the team and the group
- Fluent English is mandatory to succeed in your role as part of a global company. French can be a plus
- You have a relevant experience in people management
- You have a proven track record in sales management and a deep knowledge of the indie labels landscape
- A solid network in the music industry is a strong plus
- You are passionate about technology, data, and artists / labels development.
You will report directly to the local Head of Distribution