The Product Manager (PM) – Supply Chain will lead the development of TuneCore products related to all aspects of the supply chain, i.e. DSP onboarding and management, distribution, user experience and product integration as well as managing technical requirements. S/he will participate in the analysis, inception and implementation of TuneCore supply chain-related product iteration to grow the product and meet the evolving needs of the customer.
As the PM for Supply Chain, you will manage the delivery of a set of DSP/store/distribution-related products and features on the roadmap from conception to launch. You will lead a team of Associate Product Managers and you will work with teams across the organization.
This role requires a focus on the user, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and a thirst for continuous learning. The candidate must have the dual ability to be a strategic thinker and be hands-on in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
● Drive product development, from conception to launch, of the products and product solutions associated with the TuneCore distribution platform — both consumer-facing features and back-end systems
● Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long-term product goals
● Develop an understanding of customers by assisting the Senior Product Manager and Product Director in conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing, as necessary
● Partner with engineering, marketing, and customer operations and customer care teams to bring new products and features to market, including activities like launch messaging and customer support.
● Identify and track essential qualitative and quantitative metrics for evaluating the impact of the product initiatives you lead, and for informing future decisions
● Work collaboratively to ensure consistency across all TuneCore products
● Write product requirements, develop user flows, and mock-ups based on stakeholder feedback.
● Define the “What” and the “Why” and manage delivery. Be able to breakdown goals and strategies into actionable deliverables and milestones
● Propose new features and products for approval by senior management, working cross-functionally to build a business case and define ROI
● Manage and update product documentation such as PRDs, business requirements, use cases, user flows/stories, flows, and functional specs
● Design and Track KPIs to measure outcomes of each initiative and outline actions based on KPIs
● Support prioritization of feature backlog and support management of the development queue
● Assist in determining the best technical implementation methods with the engineering team, work closely with QA on acceptance testing, and support product launches
● Design and execute User Acceptance Tests
● Drive metrics-based optimizations to the product —striking the right balance between fixing bugs while enhancing and launching new features
● Work with third-party vendors to implement new features and manage day-to-day issues
● Be the central point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders for all products and features in the Supply Chain squad
● Proactively build the knowledge base to intimately know the market, product, product line, and competition
● Keeps abreast of what’s happening within the digital and music industry and proactively shares strategic insights with the leadership team
● Strong knowledge of industry best practices and competitive landscape
● 4-6 years of product management experience
● Experience with DSP’s and/or Streaming Music Services
● Demonstrable track record of building, launching, and managing digital products
● Experience with agile methodologies
● Proven track record in working collaboratively across functional areas to drive results – can interact effectively with representatives from Technology, Operations, and Marketing
● Strong technical understanding (development methodologies, phases, etc.)
● Strong ownership, communication, and presentation skills
● Ability to quickly translate and communicate complex problems or concepts
● Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
● Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines
● Bonus points for knowledge of the digital music industry
● Experience with analysis and ingestion of digital content, copyright infringements and fraud management highly preferred
● Bonus points for familiarity with SQL, XML, and JSON
● BS or BA degree, or higher
● Well-rounded education of how the music industry operates.
● Basic computer skills and office applications.
Range: $90,000-$115,000 annually
TuneCore is a team of creators, for creators. Our mission is to support our artists and labels at every stage of their careers. Our driving forces are respect, expertise, fairness, transparency and our values include collaboration and innovation. As global citizens, we believe that if we build more diverse, equitable and inclusive teams across our company, we will collectively create and offer more innovative solutions and better serve our artists, labels, partners, and employees.
We strive to build a company that reflects the communities we serve and embraces the diversity of the world we live in, where each person’s unique perspective is valued, and where everyone has the same opportunities and is supported in their personal and professional growth. From our hiring practices to the culture we create and nurture, we are committed to listening, learning and evolving.
We join with our parent company, Believe in supporting the company’s Ambassadors program, made up of TuneCore team members stepping outside their roles to bring the company together on issues they care about, both local and global. These TuneCore ambassadors work towards the goals of communicating best practices, proposing and leading concrete initiatives and actions.
Key initiatives and programs include:
- Believe for People, focused on diversity and equality for all people and working towards a more inclusive workplace
- Believe for Parity, whose goals are true equality between women and men in the workplace and to fight against discrimination
- Believe for Planet, which operates as an internal think tank on environmental issues. Their mission is to limit the carbon footprint and any environmentally negative impact of the company and its employees
With equality in mind, TuneCore and Believe partnered with leading entertainment and media analysis research firm MIDiA Research for a groundbreaking study on the underrepresentation of female creators in the music industry. The study, BE THE CHANGE: Women Making Music 2021, sheds light on the challenges and experiences of women and uncovers why there is a wide disparity between male and female creators. 2021 was the inaugural year for the report and it will be updated annually. Our intent for this study is to inspire meaningful change in the industry.
Recognition and Awards:
- A2iM’s 2021 Libera Awards, recognizing the best in independent music: TuneCore earned a nomination for “Independent Champion”
- Billboard 2021 International Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO)
- Billboard 2021 Indie Power Players List: Andreea Gleeson, TuneCore CRO (now CEO) and Matt Barrington, TuneCore COO
Benefits & Perks: At TuneCore we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, holidays, paid bereavement, and unlimited paid sick days, “Wellness Fridays” year round (close at 1pm on Fridays), week-long company-wide week off between Christmas and New Years – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first.
- 401k match – an investment in your future.
- Company wide events, outings and volunteer days – we have team spirit and know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – employees have the option to work predominantly remotely and work from the office 7 days per month on a flexible schedule organized at the department level, in accordance with Company policies.
- Learning and development opportunities and career development trainings – We believe in promoting and growing our leadership from within the company and proactively invest in our people.
- Exclusive employee free distribution subscription – to ensure you experience the magic of releasing music worldwide (and give us valued feedback!).
Free concert tickets to TuneCore artist’s shows – Giving our teams a front row seat to the music we distribute worldwide and support our incredible artists while we’re at it.
TuneCore and Believe are Equal Opportunity Employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.