As the Office manager this position will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s facility operations, manage staff, manage office moves and manage janitorial duties, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage the overall services provided within the facility
- Manage the relationship with all our suppliers and external service providers (security, housekeeping agencies, electricity, Water, etc.)
- Participate in the relocation and development of our premises internally and externally
- Organisation of the communication and administrative relation with renter (preparation of documents, interaction with the rental department, preparation of passes for car entry)
- Organization of minor repairs in the office with the involvement of contractors from third parties
- Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance
- Keep the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped
- Interview and hire certain facility employees and contractors, such as maintenance staff and janitorial services
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary
- Handle certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for facility owners
- Ensure the security of the building by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance cameras or security staff members
- Maintaining a budget for office expenses
- Communications; organization of meetings, receptions, parties
- Allocating and managing space between buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- 7-8 yrs of experience in facility management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline, facilities management, or a related field;
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical, plumbing, repairing and automation systems
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems
- Time-management skills;
- Familiarity with building upkeep, structural issues, and grounds maintenance;
- Budgeting skills; interpersonal and communication skills;
- Multi-tasking skills;
You should be:
- A passionate self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
- Ability to deal with empathy and respect with all stakeholders.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Very high ethical standards and personal discipline.